- Kim Urkura reveals the best method for getting book recommendations: ask a librarian! (Book Riot)
- Stephen Sparks shares 10 more authors no one reads anymore, even though they sound fascinating. (LitHub)
- Kathryn Hayes reports on a deteriorating private library that has been rescued for repair and conservation. (The Irish Times)
- I’ve been following two censorship stories this week.
- First, there’s Ramin Ganeshram’s book about George Washington’s slave chef, which was recently pulped by the publisher. She wrote a response to the furor in The Guardian and another at The Huffington Post.
- Second, censorship in Russia is getting dire, no matter what some apologists say, as reported by Masha Gessen for The Intercept and Ena Brdjanovic for the Melville House blog.
- I was going to write a post for today’s Book Blogger Appreciation Week, but Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness already said everything I would have said.