- Chris Arnone writes about how fiction filled a critical gap in his education over at Book Riot.
- Jessica Sirkin rounds up some of the best anti-heroines in fiction for The Mary Sue.
- In Putin’s Russia, book reads you. Jonathan Sturgeon reports on Putin’s reading “suggestions” on Flavorwire.
- Pair Sturgeon’s article with this article by Anastasia Bazenkova’s article for The Moscow Times about the dire state of Russia’s reading culture and publishing.
- James Parker and Francine Prose answer a delicious (but pointless) question about kicking people out of the Western canon for The New York Times.